Facts and figures
Some key facts and figures about our business and water related topics:
- We service a population of more than 1.3 million in South East Queensland
- Our customer base lives within a 14,382 square kilometre area, which is equivalent to around two-thirds of South East Queensland.
- Queensland Urban Utilities is headquartered in Brisbane, QLD
- We employ over 1,300 people across the South East Queensland area
Drinking water supply
- We supply around 132,000 megalitres of tap water to 516,000 residential dwellings and 37,000 commerical properties.
- We operate and maintain 8,967 km of water mains and 9,152 kilometers of sewerage mains.
- The treated water originates from 125 water reservoirs.
- We operate and maintain 41 water pump stations. 336 sewage pump stations and 27 sewage treatment plants.
- We operate and maintain 27 sewage treatment plants and 336 sewage pump stations.
- We collect and treat sewage from 492,000 residential dwellings and 34,000 commerical properties, including 5,028 trade waste customers.
Investing in the regions' future
We will invest $300 million in capital programs (infrastructure) across the region between 2013 and 2014.
Did you know…
- It takes 7,006 litres of water to refine one barrel of crude oil
- It takes 147,956 litres of water to manufacture a new car, including new tyres
- 66% of the human body is water