Facts and figures
Some key facts and figures about our business and water related topics:
- We manage the water services for more than 1.3 million residents and 4,900 businesses
- Supplying around 125,000 mega litres of tap water every year
- Delivering 35,000 mega litres of recycled water to businesses each year via pipeline and water tanker
- Queensland Urban Utilities is headquartered in Brisbane, QLD
- We employ over 1,300 people across the South East Queensland area
Drinking water supply
- We operate and maintain 8,885 km of water mains and 9,076 kilometers of sewerage mains.
- The treated water originates from 125 water reservoirs.
- We operate and maintain 39 water pump stations. 336 sewage pump stations and 28 sewage treatment plants.
- We operate and maintain 28 sewage treatment plants and 336 sewage pump stations.
- We collect and treat sewage from 1.3 million households and 5,028 trade waste customers.
Investing in the regions' future
We will invest $319 million in capital programs (infrastructure) across the region between 2012 and 2013
Did you know…
- It takes 7,006 litres of water to refine one barrel of crude oil
- It takes 147,956 litres of water to manufacture a new car, including new tyres
- 66% of the human body is water