What we do
Queensland Urban Utilities is primarily responsible for delivering drinking water, recycled water and sewerage services to a population of more than 1.3 million in South East Queensland.
In 2012/13, we:
- supplied around 132,000ML of tap water to 516,000 residential dwellings and 37,000 commercial properties.
- supplied around 9,700ML of recycled water to 110 businesses.
- supplied around 2,900ML of recycled water to the Western Corridor Recycled Water Scheme.
- removed and treated around 128,000ML of sewage from 492,000 residential dwellings and 34,000 commercial properties, including 5,200 trade waste customers.
- responded to more than 24,000 written customer enquiries.
- answered more than 300,000 customer phone calls
- employed more than 1,400 staff.
These services are delivered via our $4.5 billion infrastructure network, which includes:
- 125 water reservoirs.
- 41 water pump stations.
- 107 water boosters.
- 336 sewage pump stations.
- 27 sewage treatment plants.
- 8,967km of water mains.
- 9,152km of sewerage mains.