If you would like another person to have authority to manage your account, you must provide us with a written authority.
Written authority is either:
a) a signed letter including:
- the account holders full name
- the property address
- the postal address and/or account number
- the authorised persons full name and contact details
- the signature of the account holder.
b) completion of our online Authority to act form. Alternatively you can access a printable copy of the form here or by calling us on 13 26 57 (7am-7pm weekdays).
The above written authorities can be:
- faxed to 07 3855 6099
- scanned and emailed
- mailed to Queensland Urban Utilities, GPO Box 2765, Brisbane QLD 4001.
Once your written authority is received, the details of the authorised party will be recorded on the account within five working days.
It is a good idea to add your partner to the account, as this gives you the flexibility that either person can ask us any question related to the account, and we can give either person full access to the account information.
By law, we can only give information to a person who is named on the account.