Transitional application requirements
Transitional applications are considered existing development approvals or applications lodged prior to 1 July 2014 with one of our participating councils, which includes the Brisbane, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Somerset local government areas.
Your development application must have been in one of the following stages at 1 July 2014:
- development application lodged with council and not decided
- development application approved but lodgement of operational works application pending, or
- development approval which requires works to be certified under Brisbane City Council’s Minor Sewer and Water Scheme.
Transitional arrangements do not apply if:
- An operational works application or application for compliance assessment for a Material Change of Use has been lodged with council. In this case, your application will continue to be managed by council and there is no need to approach us.
- A development application has not been lodged with council. In this case, you will need to apply to Queensland Urban Utilities for a Water Approval in relation to the water and sewerage components of your development, including the connection, disconnection or alteration to our network.
- A pre-lodgement meeting has been held with council or preliminary approval granted but no related development application has been lodged. In this case, you will need to apply to Queensland Urban Utilities for a Water Approval in relation to the water and sewerage components of your development.
if you are unsure if your application is considered transitional.
What happens if I have an existing development approval that requires works to be completed under Brisbane City Council’s Minor Sewer and Water (DA) process?
If certified designs had not been lodged with Brisbane City Council prior to 1 July 2014, then the works will be subject to our endorsed consultant certification scheme. The existing Brisbane City Council processes will apply to all other work in progress.
This means that you will need to lodge details of your development approval with us, pay the relevant fee and engage an endorsed consultant