Refer to your Decision Notice to confirm your application is considered major works.
Design and construction of major works
Major works enables you to engage your choice of engineering consultant to design water and/or sewerage connections.
- engage an engineer from our list of endorsed consultants or an RPEQ qualified engineer
- ensure you are satisfied with the consultants’ qualifications, experience and insurance
- login to the portal and add their details as an additional contact in your application. This enables the consultant to access the information they require to ensure design complies with the Water Approval conditions. If you engage an engineer who is not a Queensland Urban Utilities endorsed consultant, they will need to create a portal user account before you can add their details.
Engineering consultant’s responsibilities:
- certify engineering designs and upload design package to portal
- audit and certify compliance of construction works with the certified design
- certify compliance with on/off maintenance requirements.
Queensland Urban Utilities’ responsibilities:
- Once the design package has been loaded into the portal, our team will review the design to ensure compliance to the conditions outlined in the Water Approval. No construction can commence until the design package has approved by Queensland Urban Utilities.
- We may audit any or all of the design, construction and maintenance aspects of the new infrastructure. Non-compliance may result in us taking action against the developer and/or engineering consultant.
Queensland Urban Utilities does not provide design services.
You can engage your choice of construction or plumbing contractor and recommend you liaise with your engineering consultant to select a contractor that is capable of undertaking the works.
Once you have selected your contractor you need to add them as an additional contact in your online application. If it is their first time using the portal, they will need to create a user account before you can add their details.
After the design package has been approved by us, a Queensland Urban Utilities Assurance Officer will attend a pre-start construction meeting with the contractor, and undertake audit and compliance of all construction works.
During construction, the contractor will contact us to:
- arrange Network Access Permits
- book Queensland Urban Utilities Assurance Officer to attend pre-start meeting and undertake audit and compliance of all construction works
- order large water meters.
Connection certificate and plan sealing
We will issue you a Connection Certificate upon receipt of as-constructed drawings and any other requirements of the Water Approval. The Connection Certificate is required for council plan sealing.