This type of application applies to connecting a new single dwelling house on an existing lot, or one-into-two lot residential sub-divisions with a single dwelling house on each lot.
Your application will not be deemed a standard connection if the following applies:
- Your property is situated on a State Controlled Road -Transport and Main Roads require special permits and will want to review and approve design before they will approve permits for contractors to carry out the work.
- The sewer main is in the roadway or in a neighbouring property
- The property is not adjacent to the water main
What you need to apply
- A detailed site plan, marked up with the preferred location of the connection/s
- Building plans/floor plans if applying for a connection for a duplex or auxiliary dwelling
- Owners consent form if you are not the property owner
Cost to apply
Please see the Developer Customer Price List for further details
How to apply
Once you have gathered all information listed above, you can apply through the Development Applications Portal. Once your application fees have been paid, our team will assess your application.
How long does the process take
- We will assess your application and provide a Decision Notice within five business days.
- We will provide a quote for the construction of the connection within a further five business days.
More information on time frames can be found in our service commitments.
NOTE: During your connection application you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. Some email servers may block this address, so before commencing your application please check your security and spam settings.
How is my application assessed
Your application will be assessed against the criteria set out in our Water Netserv Plan (Part A) – Connections Policy and you will be issued with a Charge Notice (for construction) and Decision Notice confirming:
1. approval or refusal of your request
2. conditions that apply to your Water Approval (or reasons for its refusal), and
3. next steps in the connection process.
If we require further information from you, we will issue a request for information by email and you will need to lodge the additional information on the Development Applications Portal.
When will construction begin?
Once we receive payment, you will be contacted by our authorised contractor within three business days to arrange a suitable time for your connection. The construction works will be commenced within 25 business days.
What happens after construction?
After construction is completed and all applicable fees and charges paid (including your quarterly water and sewage bill plus Infrastructure Charges if applicable), we will issue you a Connection Certificate and As Constructed plans. Small subdivisions will need this certificate as part of the plan sealing (final approval) process with councils.