We have several options available to help protect you against the impacts of leaks.
Concealed Leak Insurance*
For just $16 per year, Concealed Leak Insurance is available to residential water supply customers to obtain insurance coverage against the cost of excess water usage charges caused by a concealed leak.
Learn more about Concealed Leak Insurance
AquaTrip is a leak detection system that that acts like a safety switch for a home’s water supply. It continuously monitors the flow of water into your property and automatically shuts off your water supply if it detects a leak, burst pipe or even a tap left running.
Learn more about AquaTrip
Leak prevention tips
In addition to the above solutions, here are some simple ways you can help prevent leaks on your property:
- Take regular readings of your water meter. We suggest taking a meter reading when you take your bins out. This will help you identify any changes in consumption quickly.
- Conduct self-test of your meter to check for leaks – video?
- Maintain the fixtures, fittings and pipework, irrigation systems, auto-top up on pools and water tanks
- Consider the location and types of plants, trees and shrubs you place in your garden to prevent roots entering your pipework
* Willis Australia Limited ABN 90 000 321 237 AFSL 240600 is an Authorised Distributor of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545. The Central SEQ Distributor-Retailer Authority trading as Queensland Urban Utilities is an Authorised Representative of Willis Australia Limited, Authorised Representative Number 1240899. Concealed Leak Insurance is issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited. Advice in this document is general advice only and has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before deciding to acquire the product you should obtain and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).