What we’re responsible for
We are responsible for
- the water meter
- the pipes from the water meter that connect to the water main.
- If a problem is detected in these pipes, please contact our faults and emergencies team on 13 23 64 (available 24/7).
What you’re responsible for
You are responsible for:
- all pipework within the property boundary including fixtures, fittings and water tanks
- all pipework leading from the property up to and including the connection point to the water meter. This may be located outside your property boundary e.g. the council footpath or common property.
- The cost of water associated with any leaks at your property upto the connection point of the water meter
- Arranging and paying for a licensed plumber to repair your pipework.
- If a leak is detected in these pipes, please call a plumber to repair them.
Have you experienced an underground or concealed leak?
We understand underground or concealed leaks can be difficult to locate. Whilst you are responsible for the cost of water lost due to leaks on your property, eligible customers can apply for some assistance to help reduce these costs.
The below steps will guide you through the process for applying:
- Arrange for a licensed plumber to fix the leak as soon as possible
- Read our Concealed Leak Policy to see if you can apply for assistance
- If you believe you are eligible, apply online for your request to be assessed
- We will contact you once we have received your application
- Your application for a financial adjustment will be assessed for eligibility against our Concealed Leak Policy
We will contact you with the outcome