Queensland Urban Utilities is committed to excellence in water and sewerage services that meet the evolving needs of our customers and enhance our communities.
As part of this commitment, we’re investing $55 million to build a new 4.25km sewer main between Wecker Road, Mansfield and Cadogan Street, Carindale. The project will cater for future growth and development in the catchment area and reduce the likelihood of sewage overflows.
Previous stages 1 and 1A of the Bulimba Creek Trunk Sewer upgrade were completed in 2004-2016 and 2011-2013 in Mansfield, Wishart, Eight Mile Plains and Macgregor.
The existing Bulimba Creek Trunk Sewer Services about 158,000 people to the south-east of the Brisbane CBD. It is comprised of about 62km of sewer pipes ranging in diameter from 375mm to 1,650mm and discharges to the Gibson Island Sewage Treatment Plant.
Tunnelling from corner Pine Mountain and Scrub Roads
Tunnelling has started from the shaft on the Pacific Golf Club corner of Pine Mountain and Scrub Roads.
The first tunnel drive is 852m long under Scrub Road to the exit shaft in Edwards Reserve.
The second tunnel drive will be 650m long to the exit shaft on the corner of Ewer Street and Scrub Roads.
Work at this location is expected to take around 10 months to complete. To register your interest in being kept updated of progress, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What have we done so far?
Since August 2016, the project team has:
- constructed two tunnel boring machine exit shafts, one in Edwards Reserve off Tones Road, Mansfield and another on the corner of Ewer Street and Scrub Road, Carindale. The Ewer Street shaft is an impressive 48m deep and took six months to construct.
- constructed two tunnel boring machine entry shafts, one on the Allen Innes Oval off Tones Road in Mansfield and one on the corner of Pine Mountain and Scrub Roads in Carindale.
- tunnelled 582m between the Allen Innes Oval entry shaft and the Edwards Reserve exit shaft.
The shafts that are not currently in use have been secured and will await the tunnel boring machine's arrival.
Over the coming six months we will be:
- tunnelling from the shaft on the corner of Pine Mountain and Scrub Roads, Carindale through to Edwards Reserve and then to the shaft on the corner of Ewer Street and Scrub Road
- constructing the shaft on Scrub Road near the Energex Substation (near 110 Scrub Road), Carindale. Construction of the shaft will start in early November.
- open trench construction of the sewer pipe along the creek side of the Allen Innes Oval off Wecker Road, Mansfield
You can interact with this map by zooming in and out and clicking on the map features for more information.
The project team is committed to minimising the construction impacts on local residents.
We will keep you informed about progress and provide regular construction updates for directly impacted residents. We will also work closely with the project contractor to ensure every effort is made to keep any disturbances to a minimum.
At any time during the construction, you can contact the project team on 1800 071 230 (24/7) if you have any questions or concerns.
To find out more
To find out more about the Bulimba Creek Stage 2 Sewer Upgrade or to register to receive project updates, you can:
- Phone: 07 3855 6730 (Weekdays 9am-5pm)
- Phone: 1800 071 230 (24/7)
- Email: Community.Feedback@urbanutilities.com.au
Thank you for your patience during this essential work.