Construction continues on the Kenmore-Jindalee Cross River Pipeline project.
The launch shaft in Kingfisher Park, Kenmore is now complete; and the shaft in Jindalee is also nearing completion at a current depth of 18 metres below ground level.
The sound-wall is now finished and the tunnel borer has arrived on-site in Kingfisher Park.
The tunnel borer is expected to be lifted into the launch shaft on Friday 24 March 2017, and it will take a few days to be assembled in the shaft before tunnelling begins.
24 hour, six days a week (6am Monday to 6pm Saturday) working hours are expected to start early next week (week commencing 27 March 2017). Residents will be notified in advance via postcard.
Tunnel boring is expected take about nine weeks, weather and ground conditions permitting.
- Construction noise in Kingfisher Park, including the operation of tunnelling machinery, truck movements including reversing safety beepers, and generators.
- Dust may be visible during shaft excavation and backfilling activities and will be monitored and managed at source, using water suppression, as required.
- Changed traffic conditions including reduced speeds on Gem Road and Sunset Road in Kenmore.
- Lighting in Kingfisher Park during night works.
- Increase in truck movements in Kenmore (please see truck route map below) with approximately 15 truck movements anticipated per day.
How will impacts be managed?
We will work closely with residents impacted by construction during the project, as well as:
Monitoring noise levels to ensure work methods are appropriate.
A sound wall will be constructed around the worksite to suppress noise during night works.
Truck movements will be restricted to no later than 6pm daily to minimise noise during night work.
- Directing site lighting away from residential properties.
Residents can call the project team at any time 24/7 on 1800 071 230 (free call) for assistance or information, or email email@example.com.
- Full restoration of Kingfisher Park, Kenmore and the area behind the Scout Hall in Jindalee, including landscaping will be carried out on completion of the project.
Residents can call the project team at any time 24/7 on 1800 071 230 (free call) for assistance or information, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image: Shaft construction underway in Kingfisher Park, Kenmore
Image: Approximately 200 pipes ready for installation